Night of Celebration Fundraiser
Our Annual Night of Celebration Fundraiser and Graduation took place on June 2, 2016. Check out pictures from the event below!
Youth Summit Community Project Award Winners
We are proud to announce the winners of this year's Youth Summit Community Project Awards:
- Fannie Lou Hamer Freedom High School
- Our main goal is to ensure that every student within Fannie Lou Hamer Freedom High School is exposed to cultural norms and religious beliefs outside of their own.
- South Bronx United Youth Council
- Our long term goal is to help people gain citizenship status at a quicker or more effective rate. We want to build a supportive community for the members of the SBU who are struggling with issues related to immigration.
- Harlem Renaissance High School
- Our school's first goal is to make a more comfortable and safe environment where everyone feels their voices can be heard without being judge or looked at differently because of their choice of words and or experiences.
Thank you to Tiger Baron Foundation for sponsoring these awards!
Have you seen our new video? Make sure to share it so everyone can learn about the great stuff going on here at YouthBridge-NY!
Cultural Eye Committee Photobook
Did you get a chance to see the Cultural Eye Committee's work this year? You can still purchase our photobook filled with the committee's favorite photos and support our teens!
Bridging the gap grant 2016
The Shared Resources for a Shared Future Committee was proud to award this year's Bridging the Gap Grant to the following organizations:
We chose Trinity Place Shelter because of their commitment to giving homeless LGBT youth a home and helping them create careers for themselves. They provide housing for many years and encourage them to pursue education.
We also chose Alex House Project’s Healthy Mommy, Healthy Baby program for providing support and education for young mothers. They give lessons about motherhood and provide supplies that these women need.